Filter by Category
CNA Med Mon & Thurs Days - Spring 2019
with Kathy Bickford
Medications course follows standardized curriculum approved by the Maine State Board of Nursing. The purpose of this course is to teach experienced certified nurses assistants to administer selected noninjectable medications to patients who are 4 years of age and older. This standardized medication course will provide the basis of understanding needed for the certified nursing assistant (CNA) to administer medications accurately and safely.
Please call Sue at 282-3883 to receive your application and schedule your CASAS Testing.
Heartsaver First Aid/CPR/AED Certification Course - Fall 2018
with Diane Frechette
This course is designed for parents, grandparents, laypersons, childcare providers, educators, camp counselors, health/fitness trainers, hospitality workers, security, school personnel and more. Students will receive a Heart saver First Aid CPR AED Course Completion Card upon successful completion.
Our Certified American Heart Instructors will teach:
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Environmental emergencies actions for bites and stings, and temperature related and poison emergencies
- First Aid Basics including scene safety, finding the problem, calling for help and more
- Injury emergencies including bleeding, wounds, broken bones, sprains and more
- Medical emergencies including actions for choking, breathing problems, allergic reaction, shock and more
- Child CPR and AED
- Infant CPR
- Adult, child and infant choking
Please pick up book at Main Office (189 Alfred Street, 2nd Floor) before class.